The Shikkara trip
- A four hours trip from purity in a thatched motorized canoe
- Rate: 6000 INR for a maximum of 5 people
- The canoe take you across lake Vembanad at its widest point.
- You enter into the breathtaking beauty of the Kumarakom backwaters.
- During the trip you can stop to walk through the paddy fields.
- Get the taste of the village life along the banks.
- Exploring the labyrinthine network of waterways offers glimpses of a unique rural lifestyle, where water & land are inseparable.
- We recommend to do this trip in the morning, since the lake is active with fishermen collecting fresh water mussels & fishing.